TOP 10 MOST POPULAR SPORTS FOOTWEAR BRANDS.
World brands of sports shoes such as Adidas, Puma, Reebok, Nike, are already well known to most people, even those who are far from sports. These brands have established themselves well; advertisements for these brands can be found in various places; they are always heard by people. These companies produce not only sportswear, they also produce various sports accessories. We have compiled a list of the 10 most popular sports brands, many of you already know well, but maybe some will be a revelation for you.
1. Nike: This is the largest manufacturer of sports shoes, apparel, sports equipment and accessories in the United States. The company was founded in 1964 by Bill Bowman and Philip Knight. Headquartered in Beaverton. The company’s revenue in 2011 amounted to more than $ 20 billion.
2. Adidas: This company is Nike’s main competitor. It was founded by Adolf “Adi” Dassler in 1948. The concern includes such well-known companies as Reebok, CCM, TaylorMade and Rockport. Now Adidas is the second largest sportswear and equipment manufacturer after Nike in the world and the largest in Europe. Revenues in 2011 amounted to more than $ 15 billion.
3. Puma: This multinational company in Germany is a manufacturer of high-quality sports shoes and clothing. It was founded by Rudolf Dassler, the brother of Adolf Dassler (founder of Adidas) in 1924. Its headquarters is in Herzogenaura, Germany. For its existence, this company has sponsored many famous football players and has made a significant contribution to the development of international sports. It is the third company by turnover.
4. Reebok: In 1958, two grandchildren of shoe maker Joseph William Foster founded a shoe company – Reebok, which means “fast-footed African gazelle”. The technology and traditions of shoe manufacturing were inherited by Joseph and Jeffrey Foster from his grandfather. Reebok is currently headquartered in Canton, Massachusetts, USA. It is part of the Adidas concern.
5. Converse: This American company produces shoes and sportswear. It is one of the oldest companies in this industry since it was founded in 1908. In 2003, Converse was acquired by its rival, Nike, for $ 305 billion. Converse is currently part of Nike.
6. Keds: This brand of shoes first appeared in 1916 in the USA. The trademark is currently owned by Collective Brands. Keds is famous for the production of a line of sports shoes, it is especially popular among basketball athletes. Currently, this brand of shoes is used by many famous players.
7. Fila: This company was founded in 1911 in Biella, Italy. Currently, the headquarters is located in Seoul, South Korea, there, after the takeover in 2007, is the owner and operator of the company. Fila produces sports shoes, clothing and accessories. Today it is one of the leading manufacturers of sportswear.
8. K-Swiss: This American shoe manufacturer was founded in 1966 by two Swiss brothers Ernie and Brunner. K-Swiss is headquartered in Westlake Village, California. This company was the first to launch leather tennis shoes.
9. New Balance Athletic Shoe: This shoe manufacturer from America was founded in 1906. The company is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Despite the rejection of expensive advertising campaigns, it is currently one of the largest manufacturers of shoes. This company produces shoes and clothing for athletes.
10. Under Armor: The company was founded by Planck Kevin in 1996 in Washington, DC. It mainly produces sports accessories and clothing. Shoe production began in 2006. In addition, the company is currently a manufacturer of a wide range of casual and sportswear.